Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Bird-Day! Winner announced!

Hello Crafty Friends!
First off I would like to announce the winner of the Memento Luxe Ink....
Congrats too....

Your card is super cute and I would love to try this ink never heard of this one! Goin over to like your page!
Congrats Melissa!!

Now onto my project, today is my day to create for Lovebug Creations!
I have been wanting to try something new and just recently bought some Tim Holtz Distress Markers and also got some Memento Luxe Inks, I have to say they are a MUST the Memento Luxe ink colors are so great, fun, vibrant! The color of the stamp pad is the color that stamps, no color changes there!!

So today, I tried out some watercoloring with both TH Distress Markers and ML inks! So fun, I can see its going to take some practice, but I am hooked! It was so fun!

A QUICK TIP: There is a product called WINK OF STELLA glitter pen, there are different colors but I have been wanting the clear (its a pen that brushes glitter on to a project) I discovered today that you can get a similar effect by using Marshmallow (or any white or light colored mist) and a water brush! Just dad some GM on work surface and place on areas you want with water brush, I used it on my cupcake! Hard to see in pic but it looks awesome!!


The cupcake was colored with the Memento Luxe inks, as well as the splatters and sentiment.
The Bird was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Markers.

To create this card I used:
Peachy Keen Stamps:
Memento Luxe Ink:
Distress Markers:
Tumbled Glass
Wild Honey
Sequins

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card - love the colors and of course, LBC Rumple Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Sweet! Congrats winner!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Melissa!!! How beautiful is this? Great job on your watercoloring! I have never tried that!! But it's an awesome effect!!! And of course the Rumple Ribbon looks fabulous!!! ♥

    Bug hugs,
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I lvoe your misting & the sequins! The Caddy Blue really adds a pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the win!!! Your card is adorable and you did a gr8t job with your markers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue bird! I have a small collection..and it helps to look forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete